Sunday, June 15, 2008

Healthy teeth, nice smile, fresh breath!

yes, you can do it!!
by Austin

One of the things mum gets crazy about , is clean teeth...not only for me but everyone in the family, so how could I get away??

Since I was a baby, I remember mum asking the vet what she could do to help me have healthy teeth. An everyday habit I was advised to pick up, is chewing bones, (if that is the name).You can find them in a big variety concerning flavours, colors and most importantly sizes. The size counts,in this case, because I hold it with my hands and if it's huge I cannot manage it. So, get the right one. Also, observe the reaction of your stomach to new bones because some of them might cause you trouble.(speaking from expereience).

Mum is crazy enough,(did I mention that earlier?)to have a toothbrush especially for me.The truth is she tried hard to make me accept it but I do believe is one of really few things I didn't put up with. So soon ,she gave up...
But 2 months ago , I went to the vet and had my teeth cleaned!!! It did not hurt, it was quick (about 15min), and my teeth are as white as snow and my breath as fresh as summer breeze!!!!Charming eh??

However, do ask your vet when it 's the right time cause I was advised not to do it at an early age.

So, as you can see , it's easy and it's good for you....
More pro advice here!

5 comments:

Dandy Duke said...

Hi Austin! Thanks for visiting our blog! We haven't had our teeth cleaned professionally yet. We get marrow bones and carrots and mom says so far so good!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Agatha and Archie said...

Hi Austin! THanks for viviting us too!!! We are like Maggie and Mitch in that we eat marrow bones and carrots too!! SOmetimes PL2(that's pack leader 2) takes out some of hte marrow or we will get tummy trouble,but our teeth are pretty white too! And yes we got ICE CREAM for o ur birthday !! WooHoo! Love A+A

Stanislaw said...

Hi Austin! My brother is from Austin, Texas and he has a crazy buddy yorkie named Austin!

Us pups had some stinky teeth, but once we were put on the raw diet our teeth cleaned right up! Big Pupi was going to need a cleaning by the doctor but those raw bones he chews turned his yucky yellows into pearly whites. Sounds crazy, no?

Nice to meet you! Take care of those choppers.

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Hey Austin, nice to meet you pal! Let's see a photo of your pearly whites! J x

Snowy and Crystal said...

First of all, thank you for stopping by our blog :) you sure is a cutie pie - hope to be pals

Thank you so much Austin for the advice :) It is so nice to have such a caring mommy like your mommy

Mommy worries about us more than worrying about herself. She says that she loves us so much and thats why she worries

Maltese Paws,
Snowy and Crystal

 

Click here to send a message to Austin.